Friday, January 13, 2012
Answers
Chelsea, you asked me to pick on of the following. I picked the first question because not many people ask that question. Every New Years there are fireworks at Lake View Hotel. We wake up at midnight to watch them. After that we don't really do anything more.
Margaux, I picked only one because I thought that it was the most interesting. I don't have many African friends but I do have an Indian friend named Manshi. It's pronounced Manci. She asks a few questions about school but other than that no.
Shane, yours was by far the hardest question to answer. I'll have to be honest, America is where my family is and my friends, but I feel like I don't know what's going on there. I mean I get updates on our family, and sometimes on friends. Though other than that I don't know much else. America was my only home in the past, but now I have two homes so I can't really single one out. I don't really fit in there, but I don't really fit in here. To tell you the truth I don't know how I feel. How would you feel if you had two homes with people who love you in both, but you had to choose only one? How would you handle it?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Thanks for posting, Dara. It is very interesting to hear about life in Africa. I'm praying for you'll.
ReplyDeleteDara, I think you've beautifully summed up the emotions of every missionary - we love our families, our home countries, our "familiar" lives...and we love the people, land, and new home we find ourselves in. Going to one means leaving the other, but it doesn't mean we don't miss them both when we leave. That is HARD! I am praying for you and your family - hopefully we'll meet in Africa again one day:)
ReplyDelete