Saturday, October 8, 2011

Contentment

Contentment is being happy when times get hard. For example I have learned to be content living in Uganda. I have seen so many people being content with the few things they have. If everyone in the world would be content, everyone would be happy even though they might not have enough food, water, clothes, or a nice home. If everyone was content there would be less fighting, because they would all be satisfied with what they have.

I miss home in America so much, but I'm content living here. I miss family and school. Even though they are no replacement, David, Kate, Andrew, and Ruth are my family here. I enjoy living here and being home schooled, but I miss having school with all my friends. I miss having best girl friends to talk to about the ups and downs of life. I also miss sliding up and down on the playground at ACA. However having friends here to climb trees with and to build houses with makes playing with friends fun. The difference between playing in Uganda and playing in America shows in the amount of dirt you get on your clothes. I really miss McDonalds and Cici's Pizza. I miss the spicy and sweet smells and the juicy, hot cheeseburgers at McDonalds. I love home cooked meals because even though you can get them in restaurants at home, when you make them at home you can give it your own kick.

Life on my compound feels free. My pets have different personalities. They really help make me happy. I always know when I wake up they are going to be doing something funny. I'm going to miss them when I go back to America. My compound is really fantastic. It's so big; there are even rocks to play on and trees to climb.

Here is a Bible verse I read about contentment:

I Timothy 6:6-8 "But godliness with contentment is great gain. For we brought nothing into this world and can take nothing out of it. But if we have food and clothing, we will be content with that."

This verse should remind us that we should be content with everything. I am content living here even though it is not my original home. Reading this verse reminds me that even when times get hard, I should always trust in Jesus.

1 comment:

  1. Very well said, Dara! Keep reading your Bible and trusting God to show you His blessings and yes you will find contentment in any circumstance. Praying that God will give you grace and comfort on the days when you miss America. I know you are missed in America! But being where God wants you is BETTER than any place else on the planet earth (even better than TEXAS)!

    ReplyDelete