People may think you look ugly, but God doesn’t. God made you for a reason. He molded you into a perfect image of what He wanted. Don’t deny the gifts God gave you. He may have not given you white skin or soft hair. He may not have given you all of those outer beauty parts you wanted. However, He gave you inside beauty parts like love and joy.
When I was a little girl I thought that I was so ugly. I didn’t like the way I looked. Then my grandma told me, “God made you who you are for a reason.” He then started to show me that it wasn’t what was on the outside that mattered; it was the gifts on the inside He gave me that counted. For a while, I didn’t know what my inside gifts were. Now I’m learning more about the gifts He has given me. My dad and I were talking about beauty. We discussed how beauty is more about your personality, not hair or clothes or even your skin tone. All that matters is the way you treat people. If you can love your neighbor as yourself, that is true beauty. You should never judge a book by the cover.
AMEN! You are very beautiful young lady!
ReplyDeleteChuchu
By the way, now that I have figured out how to leave a comment; you are one fine writer and an awesome travel advisor. I loved the FISH EAGLE and I love to read your blog!!! Do more! Love, Chuchu
ReplyDeleteHey, this is Austen.
ReplyDeleteI like your blog, but I would like to say this: How do you decide whether you want to try a book? You see it's cover and it looks interesting. Now, how do you decide whether you want to try being friends with a person? You are drawn to them by outer beauty, enveloped in their inner beauty. A book should catch the eye with the inner contents to draw you in further.
Dara, you are wise beyond your years! It is so incredibly evident that God is working in your life. You understand things that takes many people years to grasp. Biblical knowledge is so powerful and you will struggle with people, especially your peers, not understanding where you're coming from. I'm so proud to be able to call you my niece!! Sure the cover of a book or someone's outer beauty is what initially attracts us to them, but after reading enough books and having many friends one realizes that method falls powerfully short to searching for real inner beauty first. You are turning into a wonderful woman of God and I hope you know that you are beautiful inside and out! I love you!!
ReplyDelete